Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Foreigner Registration (getting an Alien Registration Card / ARC) for D-4 visa holder in Seoul

My Alien Registration Card !
So... today my Alien Registration Card (ARC) is ready !

If you are going to stay for more than 90 days in Korea, you should register yourself to the Korea Immigration Service.
If you are living in Seoul, then you can go to the Immigration Service which is located near Omokgyo subway station.

Korea Immigration Service @ Omokgyo

I am a D-4 visa holder, so the documents i need are :
- Original Certificate of Enrollment from your university

Example. my certificate of enrollment

- Original Passport
- Picture (color) size 3cm x 4cm -> 1 pcs
- KRW 10,000
- Form -> they have the form there so you can fill the form on the spot

For other types of visa, you can see the required documents on their website here.
Choose "Staying in Korea" -> "Foreigner Registration"-> "Required documents for foreigner registration"


  1. Thanks so much for the info

  2. Can you work part-time using that alien card? I heard it is allow for D-4 holder to work not more than 20hrs/week is it true? thanks before.

    1. Hi.. Sorry i cannot help on this one because i never try to work when i was in Korea.